Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Loving Food...!

Hi 

I'm using this little corner of Blogland to keep track of the food we're eating, the weight loss journey and how well we're doing!  More details of our food and dieting journey will emerge as time goes on, but I hope you'll enjoy seeing some of our food and recipe trials - and perhaps share some of your ideas and journey too. 
I realised at the beginning of 2018 that I really needed to take charge of myself and do something about the weight. It was really starting to impact on my health and when I saw some awful photos after Christmas there were no more excuses. I could try using the non-working thyroid as an excuse, or the post-baby weight - but being as my youngest is now 20, I don't think that'll work. So I braved the scales and joined Slimming World. My husband gamely said he would join me on the journey, and between us, over 2018, we lost 108lbs! Thank you Slimming World. 
But I've got a bit stressed about weigh ins, that I keep maintaining, etc., so I'm just taking a little break from SW, but keeping up with the good eating habits that we've learnt and focusing on healthy eating. One really good thing was starting an Instagram account to track my progress and food, and lots of people have liked our food photos! Hence, now trying the blog! (But if you prefer Instagram, please click on the link on the side to find me!)

Anyway, I'll share more food pics and ideas as I go along. But tonight's dinner was a lovely smoked haddock risotto, packed with leeks, peas and spinach and served with steamed carrots and asparagus. Yum! The actual recipe was a 'mish-mash' of several that you can find online.  

Back soon,
Kim ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment